- California Audiovisual Project
- California Death Index (1940 to 1997)
- California Digital Newspaper Collection
- California Genealogical Society
- California Historical Society
- California Military Museum
- California State Library
- National Archives and Records Administration
- History San José has a collection of documents, photographs and ephemera on local History, plus the Neighborhoods of San José Project online.
- The Library of Congress has online collections illustrating Santa Clara Valley history, as well as Silicon Valley history.
- The National Endowment for the Humanities has a selection of online articles on Northern California from their reports and publications.
- The Oakland Museum of California has a large collection of materials and images online, as well as "Picture This," a collection of primary source images from the history of California.
- The Online Archive of California contains primary resource collections from more than 200 institutions who contribute to this collaborative archive on California history.
- Silicon Valley History Online is a project of the Silicon Valley Local History Network (SVLHN) and offers histories of the Agricuilture, Education, People, Technology, Transportation, and Urban Life of this region.
- The Sourisseau Academy for State and Local History at San Jose State University has a large collection of photographs and historical ephemera on the history of Santa Clara County, as well as a staff of trained historians to assist visitors.
University and College Archives are wonderful sources of information on local history. Here are some with large collections on Silicon Valley regional history:
Use of images and Records: